Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weird Thought of The Day

There are some things that you probably should just not do. Maybe because it's out a right and wrong concept that you should not do these things; I just ignore them and continue on with whatever I feel I need to do. I don't believe in right or wrong - I believe in what works and what doesn't. I also don't believe in guilt.
Regardless of what I think or believe, there are those things that just cross that invisible line.
First and foremost: It's wrong to run a background check on someone who is just trying to be your friend.
I mean, really.
If a person out there is trying to make friends of you, regardless of eccentricities or oddities in his or her personality, you shouldn't - at any point - feel the need to run a background check on him or her.
Right?
Wrong, actually.
I'm under the firm - and by firm I mean it's not going anywhere and no one can sway me in any other direction - delusion that it's perfectly okay to find out exactly who you're dealing with. People lie. People, in fact, are made up of mostly lies and not much else.
What's a girl to do when she's unsure?
Here's what I don't do: I don't trust people I haven't known for very long. I don't trust the people I have known for a long time very much; I just choose not to care if I feel that they are lying to me, because it's usually something inconsequential. My only qualm is that if they don't want to tell me the truth, why bring it up at all?
So, here's the deal: A guy can lie to me about his job. He can lie about his past, his name, and whatever else he so chooses.
I could believe him.
....and I could also wind up dead in a lake somewhere, dismembered.
I'm not the trusting type.
So, it makes perfect sense to me to run something like a background check to find out exactly who someone is, and to see if they were telling the truth when they talked about themselves. Any pending arrests? Ever been charged with domestic violence? These are important questions to me, and I'd like answers to them.
When I find out more, I'll share.
-Loki <3

No comments:

Post a Comment