Thursday, July 15, 2010

I work fairly well with my brother - who is the head of our company, and a decent (but not perfect) leader. He's a great self-starter, and it annoys me. 

No, really.

It does...

It shouldn't... but it does.

My brother isn't the type to pull punches or to even attempt that horrendous thing we call "people pleasing." In fact, he doesn't even try his hand at manipulation. Or sugar coating. Or even being nice.

I'd say I don't have a problem with it, but it makes me want to punch him in the face.

We both have the same issue with being ordered around and told what to do. So, throwing us together and telling us to make plans doesn't always go over so well.

Sometimes, it goes great.

Other times....not so much.


A few weeks ago, for example, he was told (not by me) that he needed to get his butt into gear with the whole marketing thing. And by that, I mean he was told go out and slay to Social Media dragon.

I kind of beat him to it - and a while ago at that. I had already made, but done nothing further with, a company FaceBook page. I also have a blog (not this one....) and a twitter (personal but personally being used for business purposes!)

Ahem.

Now, I think it's great that he wants to get it into gear with all of the SM stuff. Wonderful, in fact.
Not so great when he demands the passwords to my accounts with the intent of using them for whatever he so chooses. 

Go make your own.

Please.

I'm not the sharing type, and .... and....

I don't want to share.

Go find your own sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment